Friday, January 13, 2017

I'll take the stairs...

In my house there are 2 main doors that we can use to go to the outside.   The front door goes right out into our yard.  The back door goes out onto a big deck that is wayyyyy off the ground.

Mommy was taking me out the back door when I first came home and the deck has had a lot of snow on it and I was going potty there.  But then she started taking me out the front door and I liked that a lot better because it feels better to go potty on the grass rather than the wood deck
But last night Mommy took me out the back door again and all the snow was gone and it was warmer.  She said that we had to out there because the front yard was a "mud pit".  So I paced around because I didn't want to go potty on the deck and I stuck my head through the rails and watched my brother Archer go way way down to the grass and go potty.

Mommy saw me and asked if I thought I could go down the stairs like a "big boy".  She called me over to the top and she started walking down those stair things.  I was scared and thought I would fall if I tried.  So I barked at her and waved my foot in the air and tried to get the courage to jump down.

Mommy told me that she knew I could do it.  So I took a deep breath and jumped down one step.  I realized it wasn't that hard and so I ran all the way down those stairs and went potty on the grass!


Then Mommy called to me and I looked up and those stairs looked like a long way up to the top even though I had just been there.  So I carefully tried to climb up and I realized that going up wasn't hard either so I ran right up them.


Mommy was so proud of me and told me I was such a good boy.  When I had to get up in the middle of the night to go potty, I ran right down those stairs, went potty and then came right back up - just like Archer does!

I am happy to be doing things like my big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment